Alberta Men's Hockey League Winter Season
Submit a Team Application at https://www.albertamenshockeyleague.com/form/39
Or call the league office at 780-249-5665.
- Great ice times for adult hockey - late weeknight games are minimized.
Approximately 70-75% of the games are at prime time (start times 9:45 PM or earlier). No 11 PM start times.
- 30 regular season games, plus 1 - 2 playoff games guaranteed for each team.
- All teams advance to playoffs. The top three teams in each division will automatically advance to the best-of-three semi-final series. The remaining teams will play a single elimination wildcard round to determine the 4th team for the semi-final. With this playoff structure, teams will still earn their spot in the playoffs and all teams have a chance to win the division title.
- After the wildcard round, all playoff series are a ‘best of three’ format.
- Game format is 3 twenty minute run time periods with the last two minutes in the first and second period plus the last five minutes in the third period being stop time, depending on the goal differential. With this format teams will get more ice time especially during games with fewer whistles. Line changes are allowed on all whistles.
- Overtime format is 3-on-3 for 3 minutes.
- Quality facilities
Arenas include Knights of Columbus, Argyll, Clare Drake (U of A), CAC, and various City of Edmonton arenas.
- Quality officiating - two referees and one timekeeper scheduled for every game.
- Attentive customer service.
- Game schedules posted well in advance.
- Divisional placement based on team’s playing ability. Divisional realignment may be done at certain points during the season.
- High caliber hockey in the upper divisions.
- Safety of players is a priority for the league.
- Team fees include player accident insurance.
- Regular season will start in September, and playoffs will be in April.
The team fee for the 2021-2022 season is $11,000 plus GST (total $11,550). No increase from last year or the previous year.
Early Payment Discount - $200 off if team fees are paid in full by August 31.
*Home Ice Slot* Teams may purchase a home ice slot (half of your regular season games at the same arena, same day of the week, same time) for $1000 (including GST). A limited number of home ice slots will be available for purchase on a first come-first served basis.
Over 35 Division
If your team is interested in playing in an Over 35 Division, please contact the league office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-249-5665 for details.
FREE Jersey Draw
The teams with the lowest penalty minutes in each division at the end of regular season will be entered into a draw for a set of 16 jerseys. The draw is sponsored by Matt Perin at ROCKSTAR SPORTSWEAR AND APPAREL where they provide cost effective custom designed sportswear that is made in Canada. Please contact Matt at 780-868-5090 to ask about special offers for AMHL teams. https://www.rockstarsports.ca/
If you are an individual looking for a team to join for the winter season please fill out the Individual Player Application at https://www.albertamenshockeyleague.com/form/40